We are the guys behind SHADE – a company trying to change the way you think about lighting your home. Mathias is the guy on the left, and Bo is on the right. We haven’t revolutionized anything – yet – but like most entrepreneurs we aim to do something worthwhile. Make our mark.
The centerpiece of our technological platform is something we’ve nicknamed ‘The Orb’.
It’s a lightbulb.
A lightbulb in the same sense that a shark is a fish.
‘The Orb’ itself is a highly advanced piece of electronics, beautifully designed both in regards to aesthetics and functionality. It controls light in terms of intensity, color, and direction.
This enables you to create a light experience, that is comparable to that of professionally designed lighting systems in upscale hotels and restaurants – within the confines of your home.
We’re excited about creating an awesome product, but this is not the whole story.
We are looking to build a business that is founded on our own principles of being; curious, knowledge driven, and playful.
We want you follow what we are doing, but more importantly we want to hear what you think.
If you are reading this, it’s most likely because you are interested in either entrepreneurship, tech-startups, crowdfunding, or smart living. Or we’re related. (Hi mom!)
We’re a small team, and we need all the help we can get, so please comment and share. Spread the word, so that others can see what we are doing, and hopefully help us out with their knowledge and insights.
And so the journey begins.
Right now we have a lot of questions we need answered. Maybe you are struggling with these questions yourself.
· How do we get the product ready?
· What features should we focus on?
· How do we go about designing the right user experience?
· How do we attract the people we need?
· How do we ensure we have sufficient funding?
· How do we convince the lady of the house to take down their designer lamps and put up ours?
· How do we pull off a successful Kickstarter campaign?
· How do we grow from a web-only company into a clicks’n’mortar setup? (We need to read up on our omni-channel literature)
Please follow us and interact with us – perhaps together we can find the answers.
Help us build our business. You might just be our first customer, our biggest investor, or our next employee.